Looking to improve English skills and gain more subject knowledge then the best resources that you can use here is MP Board Class 11th A Voyage Workbook Solutions Unit 5 Using A Dictionary Questions and Answers. In the MP Board Class 11th English textbook Answers pdf, subject experts covered all types of questions and answers related to the topics, quick notes, summary, solved & unsolved exercises, etc. If you are planning to prepare Chapter wise Questions and Answers, then you’re suggested to go with this MP Board Class 11th English Textbook Solutions PDF for better understanding and preparation.
MP Board Class 11th English A Voyage Workbook Solutions Unit 5 Using A Dictionary
See Workbook Page 193-194
Consult a dictionary and answer the following:
Are the following pairs of words pronounced alike?
yes, put a (✓) mark against that pair and of no, put (✗) mark against that pair :
- principal — principle (✓)
- where — were (✗)
- oral — auraI (✗)
- sailing — selling (✗)
- horse — hoarse (✗)
- Stationary — stationery (✓)
- except — accept (✗)
- advise — advice (✗)
- Caste — cast (✓)
- rite — riot (✗)
IdentIfy the part of speech of ‘round’ in the following sentences:
- The final of voting is going on. Noun
- Her eyes with terror. Verb
- The earth moves the sun. Adverb
- The students stood waiting for the teacher. Preposition
- He has some beautiful and balls. Adjective
Two different pronunciations of the following words have
been given. Put a (✓) mark against the right pronunciation. Check your answer from the dictionary.
Look up the meaning of each of the following words. List at least two different meanings for each word.
Look up each of the following words. Decide whether both spellings are in use or one is more common than the other.
- color – color
- acknowledgment – acknowledgment
- harbour – harbor
- lambast – lambaste
- fledgeling – fledgling.
- programme – program
- center – center
- almanac – almanack
- moveable – movable
- focused – focussed
Find out plurals of the following nouns. If words have two plurals write both.
- scarf – scarfs
- memorandum – meronda
- formula – formulas/ formula
- motto – mottos
- duck – ducks
- fungus – fungi
- syllabus – syllabii
- dwarf – dwarfs
- medium – media
- lacuna – lacuae/lacunas
- buffalo – buffaloes
- pheasant – pheasants/pheasant
Find out the meanings of the following phrases/idioms.
- a curate’s egg — something that has some good parts and some bad ones.
- to crown it all — the worst of all in a series of unpleasant events.
- be in the doghouse — somebody’s arnnoyance for doing wrong.
- draw a blank — to get no response or result.
- an educated guess – a correct and calculated guess
- fast and furious — full of rapid action and sudden changes.
We hope the data given here will benefit you to the fullest extent at the time of preparation. For better understanding of English subject this MP Board Solutions for Class 11th English Unit 5 Using A Dictionary Questions and Answers PDF is the best resource. Download & ace up your preparation. Keep in touch with us and get the latest information on MP Board Textbook Solutions PDF.