Students who are in search of Class 8th English Solutions can use MP Board Solutions for Class 8th English Chapter Wise Pdf. So, if you follow MP Board Class 8th Special English Textbook Solutions you can cover all the topics in Chapter 3 The False Flight Questions and Answers. First check in which chapter you are lagging and then Download MP Board Solutions for Class 8th English. English is the scoring subject if you improve your grammar skills. Because most of the students will lose marks by writing grammar mistakes. So, we suggest you to Download MP Board Class 8th English Solutions according to the chapters.
MP Board Class 8th Special English Solutions Chapter 3 The False Flight
Check out the topics covered in Chapter before you start your preparation. Improve your grammar skills with the help of MP Board Class 8th English Chapter 3 The False Flight Questions and Answers pdf links. The solutions for MP Board Class 8th English Textbook are prepared by the English experts. This helps to improve your communication skills.
The False Flight Textual Exercise
(A) Three words in each group have almost the same meaning. But one of them is different. Point out the different one.
(B) Here are some words denoting reactions. Write “plus” for a positive reaction and “minus” for a negative reaction.
(A) Answer the following questions :
Class 8 English Chapter 3 The False Flight MP Board Question 1.
What was Shekh Chilli’s plan ?
Shekh Chilli’s plan was to buy a cow when I got some money.
The False Flight MP Board 8th Chapter 3 Question 2.
How many pots did Shekh Chilli’s wife buy?
Shekh Chilli’s wife bought five pots.
Mp Board Class 8 English Solution Chapter 3 Question 3.
Why did she buy an extra pot ?
She bought an extra pot for carrying milk to her mother.
Mp Board Class 8 English Chapter 3 Question 4.
What made the husband so angry?
The husband became angry when his wife told him that she would carry some milk in the fifth pot to her mother.
Class 8 English Chapter 3 Mp Board Question 5.
Why did the neighbour start hitting Shekh Chilli ?
The neighbour started hitting Shekh Chilli to make him realize the truth.
(B) Complete the statements:
- Shekh Chilli and his wife lived _______
- Shekh Chilli grabbed the pots one by one and _______
- I work and sweat all day and buy a cow and _______
- I’ve been planning it for months and your cow _________
- in a village.
- smashed them all against the wall.
- you give away the valuable milk to your mother!
- has been eating all the wheat and corn.
The False Flight Meaning In Hindi MP Board 8th Let’s learn
Some words are given in the box. Put them in the right column.
There are five types of nouns.
- A Proper Noun is the name of a particular person or place as India, Bhopal, Neeraj, Diksha etc. e.g. Bhopal is the capital of Madhya Pradesh.
- A Common Noun is a name given in common to every person or thing of the same class or kind as baby, girl, book, man etc. e.g. A baby is crying.
- An Abstract Noun is the name of something that we can only think of, as hope, childhood, sweetness, honesty etc. e.g. Honesty is the best policy.
- A Collective Noun is the name of a number of people or things considered as one unit, class, troop, assembly.
e.g. Our class consists of forty pu pils.
- A Material Noun – A noun which stands for the matter or substance of which things are made is called a material noun, as iron, wood, gold, cotton.
e.g. Ornaments are made of silver and gold.
(A) Pick out the nouns in the following sentences and say whether they are Common, Proper, Material, Collective or Abstract.
- Clothes are made of cotton, wool and silk
- Ashoka was a just and a wise ruler
- The judge found the prisoner guilty.
- We saw a herd of cattle grazing in the field.
- Clothes. – Common Noun
cotton, wool – Material noun and silk
- Ashoka. – Proper Noun
ruler – Common Noun
- Judge – Common Noun
prisoner – Common Noun
- Herd of cattle – Collective Noun.
B. Column A has 7 common nouns. Match it with column B which has Seven proper nouns
- – 2
- – 4
- – 1
- – 3
- – 7
- – 5
- – 6.
(C) Pick a word from column ‘A , and match it with a word from column ‘B’, and then write it in the space given below as given in the example.
- That boy works hard.
- Those boys work hard.
- The woman goes to her work.
- The women go to their work.
There are only two numbers in English.
Any noun that stands for only one person or thing is said to be in the singular number, as boy, woman, pen.
Any noun that stands for more than one person or thing is said to be in the plural number as boys, women, pens.
Observe how the following nouns form their plurals
(A) Separate singular and plural nouns given in the box into two colums.
(B) Which of the two words given in brackets is correct?
- My scissors (is, are) not very sharp.
- Mathematics (is, are) a difficult subject.
- The hunter shot three (deer, deers).
- Fifty (sheep, sheeps) are grazing in the field.
(i) The king went to the palace.
He ate his breakfast.
(ii) The queen went to the palace.
She ate her breakfast.
(iii) The dog barks.
(iv) The bitch barks.
A noun that denotes a male person or animal is said to be of the masculine gender, as man, boy, uncle, king, dog.
A noun that denotes a female person or animal is said to be of the feminine gender, as woman, girl, aunt, queen, bitch.
A noun that denotes an inanimate thing, that is neither male nor female, is said to be of the neuter gender, as house, knife, tree, chair, table, desk, ball.
A noun that denotes either a male or a female is said to be of the common gender, as child, friend, cousin, parent, teacher.
(A) Arrange these words under four categories:
(B) Fill in the blanks:
- A boy is to a girl, as a tiger is to a ___________
- A ___________ is to a heifer, as a hero is to heroine.
- A host is to a as a dog ___________ is to a bitch.
(C) Rewrite the following after changing the gender of the nouns and making other changes if necessary.
- The lion carried away the son of a washerman.
- The hero of this play is a man of great skill and experience.
- His nephews and brothers came to see him.
- The host asked his maid servant to lay the table at once.
- The lioness carried away the daughter of a washerwoman.
- The heroine of this play is a woman of great skill and experience.
- Her neice and sisters came to see, her.
- The hostess asked her servant to lay the table at once.
Let’s Talk (work in pairs)
Complete the conversation below by choosing a proper response from the box:
1. A. Our school has won the first prize in the debate competition.
B. That’s great !
2. A. My purse has been stolen.
B. How sad !
3. A. Look at these beautiful peacocks.
B. Aren’t they lovely !
4. A. Have you heard? Amit has got a scholarship
5. A. Have you heard about the dengu fever? About 60 people have been killed in Delhi.
B. That’s terrible !
Sheikh Chilli Story MP Board 8th Chapter 3 Let’s Read
Read the following story carefully.
One day Nasiruddin went to town to buy new clothes. First he tried on a pair of trousers. He didn’t like it so he gave it back to the shopkeeper. Then he tried on a robe which had the same price as the trousers. Nasiruddin was pleased with the robe, and he left the shop. Before he climbed on his donkey to ride home, the shopkeeper and the shop assistant ran out.
“You didn’t pay for the robe!” said the shopkeeper. “But I gave you the trousers in exchange for the robe, didn’t I ?” replied Nasiruddin.
“Yes, but you didn’t pay for the trousers, either! said the shopkeeper.
“But I didn’t buy the trousers,” replied Nasiruddin. “I am not so stupid as to pay for something which I never bought.”
Now answer these questions:
- How did Nasiruddin get to the shop?
- What did Nasiruddin do first in the shop ?
- What did Nasiruddin try on next?
- Which item did Nasiruddin like best?
- Why was the shopkeeper angry when Nasiruddin left ?
- He went of the shop riding his donky.
- First Nasiruddin tried on a pair trousers.
- Then Nasiruddin tried on a robe.
- Nasiruddin liked the robe most.
- The shopkeeper was angry because Nasiruddin left the shop without paying for the robe.
Sheikh Chilli Meaning MP Board 8th Chapter 3 Let’s write
Look at the pictures given below. Write a short story with the help of clues given.
Class 8 English Lesson 3 Question Answer MP Board Let’s do it
(A) Collect a funny story from your story book and narrate in the Balsabha.
(B) Write at least three jokes and tell in the Balsabha.
8th Class English 3rd Lesson MP Board The False Flight Word Meanings
Page – 14 : Replied – answered – जवाब दिया। Clay pots-pots made of soil – मिट्टी के बने बर्तन Grabbed – hold something with hands frimly – कसकर पकड़ना । Smashed – break something into pieces – चूर-चूर कर देना। Valuable – precious – अनमोल, कीमती। Roared – made a very loud sound – चीखना – चिल्लाना ।Enough-sufficient – पर्याप्त
Page – 15:Thrashing – hitting somebody very hard-जोर-जोर से चोट पहुँचाना या पीटना। Sow – plantseed in-बीज बोना। Realized-felt – महसूस
The main aim is to share the knowledge and help the students of Class 8th to secure the best score in their final exams. Use the concepts of MP Board Class 8th English Chapter 3 The False Flight Questions and Answers in Real time to enhance your skills. If you have any doubts you can post your comments in the comment section, We will clarify your doubts as soon as possible without any delay.