Students who are in search of Class 8th English Solutions can use MP Board Solutions for Class 8th English Chapter Wise Pdf. So, if you follow MP Board Class 8th Special English Textbook Solutions you can cover all the topics in Chapter 12 The Cherry Tree Questions and Answers. First check in which chapter you are lagging and then Download MP Board Solutions for Class 8th English. English is the scoring subject if you improve your grammar skills. Because most of the students will lose marks by writing grammar mistakes. So, we suggest you to Download MP Board Class 8th English Solutions according to the chapters.
MP Board Class 8th Special English Solutions Chapter 12 The Cherry Tree
Check out the topics covered in Chapter before you start your preparation. Improve your grammar skills with the help of MP Board Class 8th English Chapter 12 The Cherry Tree Questions and Answers pdf links. The solutions for MP Board Class 8th English Textbook are prepared by the English experts. This helps to improve your communication skills.
The Cherry Tree Textual Exercise
Class 8 English Chapter 11 The Cherry Tree MP Board Word Power
(A) Arrange the above words in alphabetical order.
(B) Complete the spellings of the words that have the following meanings:
- mixture of gases surrounding the earth
- upper layer of the earth in which plants grow
- surface that is at an angle of less than 90
- take place
- take air into the lungs and send it out again
- wood used for lighting fires or as fuel
- the ability of land to produce crops
- people living in an area, city or country
- make on a large scale using machinery
- fire wood
(C) Read this web chart containing words related to the expression ‘the story book’. (Once you have selected a particular book, know everything related to that book-the title, the author, etc.)
Now collect related information and complete these two web charts.
Mp Board Class 8 English Chapter 12 Question 1.
Where did Rakesh live?
Rakesh lived on the outskirts of Mussoorie.
The Cherry Tree Class 8 MP Board Question 2.
What did Rakesh do to the seed?
Rakesh planted the seed.
Class 8 English Chapter 12 MP Board Question 3.
What happened to the plant when it was two feet high?
A goal entered the garden and ate all the leaves of the plant.
The Cherry Tree Question Answers Class 8 MP Board Question 4.
Why did grandfather scold the woman?
Grandfather scolded the woman because she had cut the plant into two.
Class 8 English Chapter 12 Question Answer MP Board Question 5.
Why did Rakesh like the tree so much?
Rakesh liked the tree so much because he planted it himself.
Class 8 English Chapter 12 Mp Board MP Board Question 6.
Why did he encircle the small cherry plant with pebbles?
English Chapter 12 Class 8 MP Board Question 7.
How does the cherry tree prove the creative power of nature?
It did not die even though its leaves were all eaten by a goat and it was cut into two with a scythe by a woman. It lived and grew in due course.
Lesson 11 The Cherry Tree MP Board Question 8.
“Nothing is lucky if you put it away. If you want luck, you must put it to some use.” What did grand-father means by these words.
Grandfather meant to say that the seed of the cherry should be planted.
Class 8 Chapter 12 English MP Board Let’s Learn
- We use the simple past tense to talk about actions that happened in the past.
- To make the simple past tense of regular verbs, we add-ed to the verb, for example walk-walked. If the verb ends in-e we just add-d. e.g., save-saved.
- Many verbs in the simple past tense are irregular. This means that we not add-ed or -d to them even though they are in the past tense. For instance, the simple past form of “begin’ is ‘began’.
- Read what Sheelu says about her daily routine:
Yesterday was a typical working day for Sheelu. Write what she did or didn’t do yesterday.
- Sheelu _________ up at 70′ clock.
- She _________ a large breakfast
- She _________ to work.
- It _________ her about half an hour to get to work.
- She _________ work at 8.45.
- She _________ (not) lunch.
- She _________ her work at 5 ‘o’ clock.
- She was tired when she _________ home.
- She _________ a meal yesterday evening.
- She _________ (not) out yesterday evening.
- She _________ bed at 11 ‘o’ clock.
- She _________ well last night
- didn’t take
- did’nt go
English Class 8 Chapter 12 MP Board Let’s talk
(A) You see a man who is felling a tree for firewood. Discuss among your group how you’ll convince him not to cut down the tree.
Convince him by telling him the importance of trees, as –
(a) Trees provide us many things of daily use.
(b) They give us cool shade.
(c) They give us many types of fruits.
(d) They give us wood which is used in construction work.
(e) There are many trees which are known for their medicine.
(f) Tree maintains balance in our eco system.
(g) They bring rain in abundance.
(h) Our happiness lies in the survival of the trees.
(B) Read carefully the conversation between Anju & Mrs. Ahuja, then follow the instructions given below.
Anju : Hello! Can I talk to Mrs. Ahuja?
Mrs.Ahuja : Hello! Mrs. Ahuja speaking.
Anju : Good morning mam, I want to know about some medicinal trees.
Mrs.Ahuja : Good morning. There are some medicinal trees like Neem, Amla, Bilva or Bel and Tulsi.
Anju : Does the Neem tree have a medicinal value?
Mrs.Ahuja : Yes, it does. Ayurveda says that the roots, bark, leaves, fruit and gum of Neem have amazing cura tive powers.
Anju : How are they used?
Mrs.Ahuja : They are used as fungi cides and medicines, countless Indians today use Neem twigs as tooth brush.
Anju : Mam, I haven’t seen this natural brush. Will you show me one please?
Mrs.Ahuja : Yes, why not?
Anju : Mam, how are the leaves used?
Mrs.Ahuja : Dried Neem leaves are put in stored grain, clothes and books to pro tect them from pests.
Anju : I have heard that Neem is also used to cure skin ailments.
Mrs.Ahuja : Yes, of course. It is a good antiseptic too.
Anju : Thanks a lot mam for such useful information.
Mrs.Ahuja: O.K. Next time we’ll talk about other medicinal plants and trees.
Work in pairs. Converse with your teacher to know more about other medicinal plants and trees found around you. Record the conversation.
Do it yourself.
The Cherry Tree Story Question Answer MP Board Let’s read
Read the given invitation-card for a marriage ceremony. And answer the ques/tion given below it.
The Cherry Tree Question Answers Class 7 MP Board Question 1.
Name the parents of the bride groom.
Mrs. and Mrs. Krishna Rao Murthi.
What’s the name of the bride’s father?
When is the marriage ceremony going to take place?
On Sunday, 25th December 2006.
Write the address of the venue for the dinner.
Play ground, opp. G.D.O.G. College. Ashok Vihar, Ashoka Garden, Indore.
Where will the marriage ceremony be organized at?
Gulmohar Praisar, Noida.
Which specific expression (s) in the . invitation card appeal to you and why?
The expression “In the name of God’ the beneficent & merciful”. I liked this expression because I’m atheiest. I believe that every auspicious work should be started with the name of Almighty.
Read the passage and do the activity as suggested.
CLEAN means ‘NO DIRT’
1. TIDY means “neat every thing in place”. If you bathe, A you become clean. But if you do not comb your hair, would you look nice? No! You would be clean but not tidy. If you dress neatly and comb your hair after a bath, you look clean and tidy.
2. Everyone likes children who are clean and tidy. But this is not enough. You also have to keep your things tidy. Then, you do not have to search for things when you need them. You can do every thing quickly. You will have more time to study ad play.
3. If you try, it becomes easy to be clean and tidy everyday.
Now do some activity and have fun. With the help of your teacher draw Mr. clean and Mr. dirty on the black board.
Write comments on both types of men. What do you think about them. Write sentences using the clue words:
impressive, untidy, good looking, uncombed hair, well dressed, badly dressed etc
Example : Mr. Clean is impressive.
- He is good looking.
- He is well dressed.
- Mr. Untidy is badly dressed.
- He has kept uncombed hair.
- He is not at all impressive.
Let’s do it
If you get the seed of such a tree as is rarely found, sow it in your garden. Take proper care of it and water it timely.
Do it yourself.
Describe in a paragraph how a plant makes food. Use the clues given below. Work in pairs or groups.
Water, salt and other things ………………. suck from the earth ………………. through roots ………………. reaches leaves ………………. using sunlight ………………. makes food ………………. sends to other parts of the plant.
Plants suck water, salt and other things through roots. All these things reach in the leaves where the plant makes food using sunlight and sends to other parts of the plant.
The Cherry Tree Word Meanings
The main aim is to share the knowledge and help the students of Class 8th to secure the best score in their final exams. Use the concepts of MP Board Class 8th English Chapter 12 The Cherry Tree Questions and Answers in Real time to enhance your skills. If you have any doubts you can post your comments in the comment section, We will clarify your doubts as soon as possible without any delay.