MP Board Class 7th Social Science Solutions Chapter 17 The Governor and State Council of Ministers
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 17 Text Book Questions
Fill in the blanks:
- …………. is the head of the State.
- The Chief Minister is appointed by the ………….
- The leader of die Council of Minister is the ………….
- The minimum age for the post of die Governor is …………..
- Chief Minister
- 35 yrs.
Match the column ‘A ’ with Column ‘B’
1. (d) President of Ministers.
2. (a) five + years by
3. (c) four of Ministers
4. (b) to make laws
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 17 Short Answer Type Questions
In whose name are the functions of the state government carried out?
The functions of the State Government are carried out in the name of the Governor.
On whose advice are the members of the Council of Ministers appointed?
On the advice of the Chief Ministers, the members of the Council of Ministers are appointed.
Who summons the meeting of the State Legislative Assembly?
The Governor summons the meeting of the state Legislative Assembly.
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 17 Long Answer Type Questions
Describe the functions of the State Council of Ministers.
The council of Ministers executes die laws, made by the Vidhan Sabha. It decides the polices of die government and advice the Governor in the matter of administration. It is the real executive of the state.
The main functions of the State Council of Ministers:
- Being the executive of the state, the council of Ministers formulates the policies of die state and gives advice to the Governor in administrative matters.
- All the bills are introduced by the Council of Ministers and play an important role in the making of laws.
- It formulates the economic and taxation policy of the state.
- It makes plans for the welfare of the state.
What are the qualifications for the post of Governor?
Qualifications for Governor:
- A person has to be citizen of India.
- He must have completed the age of 35 years.
- He must not have held the office of profit, under the Central or State Government.
- He must not be a members of Parliament or State Assembly.
When and why does the Governor issue ordinance?
The bills passed by the Assembly become laws only after the assent of the Governor. When Vidhan Sabha is not in session, and a law is urgently required the Governor himself pass some orders which are known as ordinances. It has the effect of law.